Monday, September 22, 2008

4th Anniversary

Today I'm celebrating my sister Emily! 4 years ago today she gave birth to baby Connor Joseph. For ten days she held that baby in her arms and snuggled it as much as possible. She smiled and dreamed of what Heavenly Father had planned for this little one's life. What was he going to be like? Who would he look like? For 10 short days she lived on the adrenaline that comes with new life. Sleep deprivation and exhilaration, a wonderful mix.

10 days, 10 short days and then she delivered that sweet little baby to his earthly parents. The greatest gift given on this earth was Christ giving his life for us all. Heavenly Father had to allow for this to happen. Because of his wonderful, all-knowing, all-seeing and eternal perspective we would have the opportunity to repent and live again with him some day. I personally believe that the decision Emily made to place that sweet baby eternally with Ben, Holly, and Taylor was one of the greatest sacrifices that any mortal can know. Maybe she's an angel underneath...

Emily, I love you.  You have taught me a great lesson of love through your choice to be an angel for a family who you did not know, but have come to love. They not only recieved Connor into their family, but they also welcomed you lovingly and later on- Matt too!

THANK YOU Emily for staying strong and never regretting your choice. I don't know how hard it is for you, but please remember I love you and I will mail my children to you anytime you need to hold a little one! (Will they fit in the packages that only cost $4.99 to ship?!) 

If you have been touched or inspired by Emily's story or one similar, please comment so we can celebrate birth moms today and show love to those who have shown the greatest love!


7 comments:

  1. Wow, what incredible love! While we are not often aware of the trials we experience, I believe that we knew we'd have them in our premortal existence. We came KNOWING the hard times we'd face, because we knew, that in the end, it would all be worth it. Beautiful story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I had just barely pulled myself together and stopped crying at work and decided to see if you had posted anything else and saw this. I am deeply touched and greatful! I love you Celeste! P.S. I think they are too big for the 4.99 box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste you said it all! Emily and other Birthmom's GET the WHOLE picture! They have more love for their child than we will ever understand. It is so wonderful that we have such a healthy open relationship with Ben and Holly, they are our angels. Connor is a very blessed little boy! We are very blessed to have Emily in our family showing us the way to follow our Saviours example. Now our tears are that of JOY! LOL you may have to send them separately @$4.99 EACH Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute to birth moms everywhere. We had a very similar experience in my family. I can't even begin to imagine the strength & faith that it takes for these women/girls. I know many whose lives have been touched by those mothers willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Celeste for your post! Thank you Emily for your example. I have so much love for birthmoms. I love OUR birth moms and we are forever grateful for the two miracles they have blessed our family with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful story! I think we only get a glimpse into the entire picture of motherhood, and all of the aspects that it entails. What a privilege and a blessing.! My thoughts are with you Emily. P.S I miss you Celeste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just updating myself on Emily's blog and saw that she had mentioned your blog post about her...so I came to check it out. I wanted to mention how Emily placing Conner and my friendship her has affected me and my son's birth parents. When I met Emily, she had just placed Connor a few months before and I was waiting to be placed with a baby. I was terrified of open adoptions and was not very open at all to the idea. As I got to know Emily and love her I realized that birth moms were not at all scary or a threat to my role as Mom.

    Because of the things Emily showed me and taught me...I now have an amazingly open adoption with my son's birth parents...both of them. Some of their families came to the Temple when Tyce was sealed to us. We have celebrated birthdays together. We have gone on shopping sprees. We have had lunch and dinner. We have even gone camping! What a blessing! I would have never known. Emily gave me the inside look at life as a birth mom and what they FEEL and what they NEED to be okay with their decision. She helped me realize that Tyce's birthparents "healing process" was partly my responsibility!

    So with this I salute birthmoms. Now having given birth to another son...I really cannot imagine the sacrifice birth parents give. I just know that they are angels on this earth and have an extra special place in the Lords kingdom and the Biggest mansions waiting for them above!

    ReplyDelete